Sweet's Mulled Elderberry Sipper can be made with or without alcohol, so the entire family can cozy up with a warm festive drink! Sweet's Syrup adds a delicious, organic, immune-supporting boost. This recipe, adapted from one created by Oisin Davis of Great Irish Beverages, serves 8.
- 1 liter (33 oz.) organic pressed apple juice/cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 11 lemon slices studded with cloves (3 are for the recipe, 8 are for garnish)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 star anise
- 5 dashes Orange Bitters (omit for mocktail)
- 100 mL (7 Tbsp or 3.5 oz) of Sweet’s Elderberry Syrup (little tip - the line in Sweet's logo on the Sweet's Shot Glass equals one ounce!
- Your favorite organic gin - we used Prairie (omit for mocktail)
- In a saucepan, heat apple juice/cider over low heat.
- Stir in Sweet's Elderberry Syrup until combined.
- Add cinnamon stick, lemon juice, star anise, orange bitters (if using), and THREE of the clove-studded lemon slices.
- Cover pot with a lid and let simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Pour 150 mL (2/3 cup or 5 ounces) of mulled juice into each glass.
- Add 1 shot of gin to each glass (omit for those who prefer theirs as a mocktail).
- Garnish each serving with a clove-studded lemon slice.
- Get cozy and enjoy!
Adaptation of a recipe by Oisin Davis of Great Irish Beverages
Styling and Photography by Mary Banducci @apothecarymary