We are a family-owned business, wholeheartedly committed to helping you achieve better health through delicious, organic elderberry products - always delivered with honesty and exceptional customer service.
Sweet's Elderberry is mom-founded and mom-operated, with a wholehearted focus on creating wellness products you can trust.
When a loved one was diagnosed with a chronic illness, Sweet's founder Stephanie Rickenbaker got serious about her family's health. Along the way, she developed an organic elderberry syrup, harnessing the antiviral, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory benefits of this amazing superfood. Her daughter (nicknamed “Sweet”) loved the syrup so much that Stephanie named it after her! In a short time, Sweet’s Syrup catapulted from a kitchen creation sold among friends to a household name.
In 2022, Stephanie stepped away from Sweet's to care for her family, and longtime Sweet's customer Morgan Smorgala purchased the company!
This ensured that we remain family-owned, with the outstanding quality, delicious flavors, and small business values our customers love and trust.
After her own family's journey through difficult diagnoses, Morgan is eager to share what's she's learned about proactive wellness, clean living, and plant medicine!
Today, Sweet’s Elderberry's range of immune and digestive support products are handcrafted in an FDA-inspected commercial supplement kitchen and shipped to homes, stores, farm stands, clinics, pharmacies, salons/spas, and restaurants across the United States.
We package with recyclable materials and carefully source each ingredient, selecting sustainably farmed produce whenever possible. In recognition of our environmental efforts, rigorous production standards, and fantastic flavor, Sweet’s is a member of the Good Food Guild, a 2022 Good Food Awards winner, and a finalist in the 2021 and 2022 Made in NC Awards.
WE'RE FOCUSED ON OUR STAR INGREDIENT: ELDERBERRY
• Other makers produce all kinds of different supplements. At Sweet’s, we focus on the powerhouse ingredient we know best. Elderberry is the star of every Sweet’s product, each designed to fit your unique wellness needs.
• We know high elderberry content is important to you. Sweet’s Syrup contains 1,500 mg of elderberry per serving. You'll get 1,440 mg of elderberry in every serving of Sweet’s Elderberry Shrub, and a whopping 3,000 mg in our unsweetened Extract!
OUR CLEAN INGREDIENT LISTS ARE SHORT, SWEET & 100% PRONOUNCEABLE
• No fillers, additives, or preservatives, ever.
• Each ingredient is carefully sourced from farmers and suppliers we know and trust. Only the best for you.
• Sweet’s products are made in a supplement-level, FDA-approved commercial kitchen in the USA.
• Every item is carefully inspected, expertly handcrafted, and lovingly packaged by our team.
WE ARE A WOMAN-OWNED AND OPERATED SMALL BUSINESS
• Founded by Stephanie Rickenbaker in 2016 and named after her daughter Sweet.
• Purchased in 2022 by Morgan Smorgala, longtime Sweet's customer and passionate advocate for clean living.
• Led by a team of moms working hard to create products that you can trust and your family will love.
WE GIVE BACK & INVEST IN OUR COMMUNITY
Giving back is a key value at Sweet's Elderberry. We're honored to support the important work of:
WE LOOK FOR WAYS TO REDUCE OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
• We use sustainable, reusable packaging, whenever possible, and share creative ways you can repurpose these items at home.
• Community partner Crown Town Compost collects compostable materials from our production facility.
• We share our used elderberry mash for creative repurposing,
What’s In Our Syrup?
ORGANIC EUROPEAN ELDERBERRIES
Sweet's Syrup uses the finest organic elderberries available. Hippocrates, the Greek Father of Medicine, called elderberry his “medicine chest” for its variety of uses.
This tiny fruit is a powerhouse ingredient, containing bioflavonoids and other proteins known to disrupt a virus' ability to infect cells, along with anthocyanidins that support healthy immune function.
LOCAL RAW HONEY
Raw honey contains amino acids, minerals, hydrogen peroxide, antioxidants, protective nutrients, and live enzymes.
This amazing ingredient can soothe a sore throat, kill bacteria and fungus, encourage good digestion, promote healthy cells, and provide helpful micro-doses of seasonal pollen.
Sweet’s Syrup is found in the refrigerator because our honey is unpasteurized - and that’s intentional. Shelf-stable syrups containing honey “hot pour” their mixture, destroying the honey’s beneficial live enzymes. We hold onto every bit of the goodness in our honey, harvested four times a year across the Carolinas by Herb’s Honey, and rotated throughout the year in our recipe... giving you the seasonal pollen support you need, at just the right time.
Organic ginger provides sweetness and warmth to our spice blend, but that's not the only reason we use it!
Ginger contains anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols, as well as over 25 different antioxidants.
Much of our raw ginger is sourced from organic farms in North Carolina, including Windcrest Organics in Monroe and Against the Grain Farm in Zionville.
ORGANIC CEYLON CINNAMON
Organic Ceylon Cinnamon, provides a sweet, floral flavor.
Ceylon, imported from Sri Lanka or Madagascar, is different from the Cassia cinnamon commonly found in stores. Fine in texture and difficult to find, it's considered “true cinnamon.”
Cinnamon has been used for centuries for its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, and to support the healthy function of the immune, digestive, and cardiovascular systems, as well as the brain.
Aromatic organic cloves round out the flavor profile in our Syrup, with a strong, warm, sweetness similar to the taste of nutmeg.
Cloves' antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties have made them a traditional remedy for relieving the mouth pain, sore throats, and headaches.
These small super spices are the unopened, sun-dried flower buds of the tropical clove tree, an evergreen in the myrtle family.
What’s In Our Shrub?
ORGANIC EUROPEAN ELDERBERRIES
Elderberries are used to support a healthy immune system. Rich in vitamins A and C, betacarotene, iron, and potassium, this tiny fruit is a powerhouse of enzymatic nutrition.
Our elderberrries are sourced from carefully selected sustainable organic farms in Europe.
ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries to ease digestion, reduce cholesterol, and encourage an alkaline pH in the body.
We use it in Sweet's Elderberry Shrub for all those reasons AND to add a pleasant "zing" to your palate.
This refreshing flavor provides a delicious boost to beverages, marinades, and much more!
ORGANIC FRESH GINGER
Organic ginger provides sweetness and warmth to Sweet's Elderberry Shrub.
This powerful root can help ease upset stomach and improve joint function. It contains anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols, as well as over 25 different antioxidants.
Much of our ginger is sourced from organic farms in North Carolina, including Windcrest Organics in Monroe and Against the Grain Farm in Zionville.
ORGANIC CANE SUGAR
Sweet's Elderberry Shrub is lightly sweetened with organic cane sugar.
Free from fats, cholesterol, proteins and sodium, raw sugarcane contains beneficial magnesium, iron, potassium, phosphorous, vitamin C, and vitamin B2 (riboflavin).
Which Sweet’s Products Are Best For Me?
Many households have EVERY Sweet's product in their kitchen or pantry, because they serve different purposes and complement the family’s wellness needs in various ways. Others choose the ones they’ll use most.
If you still have questions after reviewing the graphic below, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A member of Team Sweet’s would love to assist you!
• Daily immune, respiratory, and seasonal allergy support
• Symptom care for colds, flu, and allergies
• 1,500 mg of elderberry per Tablespoon
• With seasonal raw honey for cough control and maximum pollen support
• Antioxidant-rich spice blend of cinnamon, clove, and ginger
• Try in smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, tea, lemonade, seltzer, cocktails/mocktails, and sauces
• Not for use during pregnancy or with babies under 12 months
• To create a similar product with the sweetener of your choice, choose a Sweet's DIY Syrup Kit
• Keep refrigerated
• Concentrated daily immune support
• 3,000 mg of elderberry per Tablespoon
• Slightly bitter flavor, similar to blackberry
• Take alone or add to a beverage if preferred
• No sugar, alcohol, gluten or soy
• Vegan, keto, diabetic friendly
• Safe for use during pregnancy and nursing
• Safe for babies (1 tsp/day)
• Refrigerate after opening
• On-the-go support for immune health
• 500 mg of elderberry per mL
• Adults/Big Kids = 2 mL up to twice daily. Babies/Little Ones = 1 mL up to twice daily
• Portable dropper-top bottle perfect for travel
• Vegan - Keto - Diabetic-friendly. Free from alcohol, sugar, dairy, soy.
• Tastes simple and pleasant, with no added sweetness
• Safe for use during pregnancy/nursing and with babies.
• Never needs a fridge
• Daily support for the immune and digestive systems
• 1,440 mg of elderberry per Tablespoon
• Delicious by the daily dose or as a mixer for cocktails, mocktails, kombucha, seltzer and more. Flavorful addition to sauces and marinades.
• If you take ACV for gut health, but wish it tasted better, try this!
• Bright zingy flavor of apple cider vinegar and fresh ginger, sweetened with a smidge of organic cane sugar
• Vegan. Safe for use during pregnancy and nursing.
• Refrigerate after opening.