DIY Kit Instructions
MAKE YOUR OWN ELDERBERRY SYRUP - SO EASY!
What You'll Need
• Large pot
• Metal spoon
• Large bowl
• Fine mesh strainer or a colander (pasta strainer) lined with cheesecloth
• Cooking thermometer (optional)
• 5 cups filtered water
• Clean lidded container or glass jars
• 1¼ cup honey or appropriate amount of an alternative sweetener (nectar, monkfruit, maple, erythritol, etc.)
1. Discard the tiny dessicant package from kit, then pour kit contents and water in a large pot.
2. Bring liquid to a brief boil over medium-high heat.
3. Reduce heat and let simmer 30-45 minutes until syrup has reduced by half.
4. Carefully pour liquid through strainer/cloth into bowl, then press on mixture with back of spoon to extract more. Discard or compost strainer contents.
5. Add sweetener to taste, stirring until completely blended. (If using raw honey, let syrup cool below 100°F first. Measure with a cooking thermometer or wait until syrup feels warm, but not hot. If using another sweetener, follow package directions for substitution guidelines.)
6. Funnel syrup into container, apply lid, and refrigerate immediately. If freezing syrup, allow 1" headspace for expansion and do not apply lid until completely frozen.
Recommended daily serving 1 Tbsp for adults/big kids, and 1 tsp for little kids.
Babies under 12 months should not consume raw honey. Leave syrup unsweetened for them, or blend with a little fruit puree.
Do not consume raw elderberries. Store kit in a cool dry area for maximum freshness.
Refrigerate finished product and use within 3 months. Freeze syrup for longer storage.
No artificial flavors or preservatives. Free from gluten, dairy, and soy. Vegan.
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
Servings: Approximately 64
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: <1g
Organic Dried Elderberries, Organic Ginger, Organic Ceylon Cinnamon, Organic Cloves