DIY Kit Instructions
MAKE YOUR OWN ELDERBERRY SYRUP
What You'll Need
• Large pot
• Metal spoon
• Large bowl
• Fine mesh strainer
• Cooking thermometer
• 5 cups filtered water
• Clean lidded container
• 1¼ cup honey or sweetener of your choice (nectar, monkfruit, erythritol, etc.)
1. Discard tiny dessicant package from kit. Add kit contents and water to large pot.
2. Bring to a brief boil over medium-high heat.
3. Reduce heat and let simmer 30-45 minutes until syrup has reduced by half.
4. Carefully pour liquid through strainer into bowl, then press on strainer contents with back of spoon to extract more. Discard or compost strainer contents.
5. Add sweetener to taste, stirring until completely blended. (If using raw honey, let syrup cool below 100°F first. If using another sweetener, follow package directions for substitution guidelines.)
6. Funnel syrup into container, apply lid, and refrigerate immediately. If freezing syrup, allow 1" headspace for expansion and do not apply lid until completely frozen.
Recommended daily serving 1 Tbsp
Do not consume raw elderberries. Store kit in a cool dry area for maximum freshness. Refrigerate finished product and use within 3 months. Freeze syrup for longer storage.
No artificial flavors or preservatives. Free from gluten, dairy, and soy. Vegan.
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
Servings: Approximately 64
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: <1g
Organic Dried Elderberries, Organic Ginger, Organic Ceylon Cinnamon, Organic Cloves