Shopping small is a fantastic way to support entrepreneurs in your home community and beyond. At Sweet's, we're grateful for every single customer, and we know that feeling is echoed across the country by other small business owners.
Are you looking for some fresh gift-giving ideas? I've found some wonderful products that I'm sure to be wrapping up for others this holiday season. Many of them are sold by small, independent businesses!
"These are a few of my favorite things!"
- Maria VonTrapp (and Stephanie)
- Old Town Soap's Glycerin Hand Therapy: I have not been without this lotion since I discovered it last year! I’m really picky when it comes to lotion/hand cremes and this one is perfect – not greasy, just the right thickness, with lasting moisture. It comes in various scents, but lavender has always been a favorite. I have the biggest size ($14) so it’s easy to find in my purse, as well as the smaller one ($7) for plane travel. Clean ingredients made by a family-owned company I trust! (Everything they sell is awesome, but this is my favorite!) All orders from Old Town Soap are shipping FREE right now from their amazing shop in China Grove, NC.
- My go-to hostess gift this year will be “Oliver” hand-poured luxury candles. My friend Kimberly’s son Oliver is a young entrepreneur. He started this business as a way to support Foster Village Charlotte, a cause dear to my heart. For $10, you'll get a 4 oz. pure soy wax candle in a glass jar, and $2 of that goes to Foster Village. There are four scents - lavender (from herbs organically grown right in their back yard), mint and clementine, coconut lime, and wild pine. They'll ship anywhere in the USA, and if you buy 5 or more candles, shipping is FREE. Email email@example.com to order.
- “Quarantine Pants” - My Vuori and Athleta Salutation joggers ($89) have been wardrobe staples since March. They're cozy, comfy and cute, and I LOVE the deep pockets. If you ever come to my house, I would bet money I will be wearing one of these. They're the only part of quarantine I care to keep!
- Noelle Munoz Earrings – Noelle is a Charlotte jewelry artist and I’m a huge fan of her work. I have both the “La Fuerza” and “Gypsy” designs, and I wear them ALL THE TIME. They’re investment pieces, but I promise you will reach for them constantly! I love how they can be dressed up or down - so versatile! I’m always getting complimented on them. If you scroll through Sweet's Instagram page, you’ll see I’m wearing them in nearly every photo! She also makes bracelets, necklaces, and customized pieces. Gorgeous.
- Madewell Zip Top Transport Crossbody: I have been looking for a stylish crossbody bag for travel that's big enough to carry a water bottle and zips at the top - this is it! I do wish that it had more pockets, but otherwise it is perfect. This sturdy bag comes in four colors, and it's normally $148, but with code EARLYBIRD you'll get 30% off, and you can pay in four installments if you prefer.
- Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil by One Love Organics – I am obsessed with this! It's all natural and organic, smells divine, works for all skin types, and makes your skin so, so soft! Try it out with the 1 oz. bottle for just $12, and if you fall in love like I did, the 4 oz. bottle is $42. Shipping is free on orders of $49 or more from this line based in Sea Island, GA.
- Delilah Home is based in Weddington, NC, and their bedsheets are the best I’ve ever owned – extremely high quality, chemical-free, sustainable organic cotton and they get even softer with each wash. They're such an exceptional value - and you can get a discount code by signing up for their email list. I'm getting their towels for Christmas and can’t wait to try them out. This company is owned by long-lime Sweet’s customers and I love supporting them!
- Every year I have a Sweet's booth at the "Christmas Made in the South" show, right next to my friends at Country Cottons - a wonderful family-run business. My mom and I are both obsessed with their dishcloths. I buy a couple sets in the natural color palette every year. They are 100% cotton, made in North Carolina and a finalist in Our State Magazine’s Made in the South Awards! Trust me, you’ll love these! A four-rag bundle is just $9. They also make kitchen towels, napkins, and embroidered linens.
- I found my Leather Keychain from Cottonwood Handmade at the Watauga County NC Farmers Market and I love it. It's extremely durable, easy to find in my purse and I didn’t realize how often the clip would come in handy to attach it to something. (I lose keys. A lot.) This item is $25, handmade by a super-talented guy named Cole. Check out his other high-quality, unique leather items - wallets, purses, and more - at the link above!
- I love giving Sweet's Syrup year-round, but especially during the holidays. It's not only useful for supporting healthy immune systems during a hectic, germy time of year, it's a fantastic ingredient for mixed drinks, sweet and savory sauces, smoothies, and more. Sweet's is a perfect host/hostess gift, a thank-you for teachers, and a way to show you care about your friends' and family members' wellness. Our ready-made syrup contains honey harvested seasonally in the Carolinas, and our organic elderberry kits are ready to be mixed with another local honey or sweetener of choice right at home. Round out your gift with a zero-drip pour spout or a dishwasher-safe dosage-marked shot glass! We ship nationwide, and our fantastic early Black Friday sale is in progress right now.