You Already Knew That...
Elderberry has been used for thousands of years to support the immune system, decrease the duration and severity of viral infection, reduce inflammation, and even treat pain.
But Did You Know That...
Elderberry can also help decrease fine lines, dark spots, and sagging skin, and combat acne?
Elderberry's high antioxidant levels, vitamin content, and anti-inflammatory properties make it an essential for immune health AND skincare!
How Does It Work?
This little powerhouse contains all kinds of good things, including:
- Antioxidants like anthocyanins, bioflavonoids, and phenols
- Vitamins A, B1, B6
- Vitamin C (just 1 ounce gives you 17% of your daily requirement!)
- Potassium and Iron
ANTIOXIDANTS neutralize free-radicals, which are waste products made by cells when we're exposed to UV light, pollution, chemicals, and chronic inflammation. When too many build up, cells are damaged and we are more likely to develop immune deficiency, chronic illness, heart disease, and cancer, and to show signs of premature aging in our skin.
Your body makes some antioxidants on its own, but not enough. The very BEST way to get the extras you need is through fruits and veggies, particularly "superfoods" like elderberry! Elderberry is rich in:
- Bioflavonoids and Phenols, which can minimize the effects of UV ray exposure, such as freckles, liver spots, uneven skin texture, and wrinkles
- Anthocyanins, with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties.
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS reduce swelling and improve circulation of even the tiniest blood vessels. like those at the surface of your skin.
ANTIMICROBIAL AND ANTIFUNGAL PROPERTIES help skin balance oils, prevent breakouts, decrease the swelling associated with acne, and calm the skin.
ASTRINGENT BENEFITS cause skin to tighten, reducing the size and appearance of pores.
VITAMINS AND NUTRIENTS in elderberry support optimal cell function and repair, while also supporting healthy function of the lipid layer - the barrier on skin's surface that helps keep out dirt and impurities and prevent damage. This yields softer, smoother skin!
Esthetician Jasmine of Bloom & Groom Spa in New Jersey offers green tea with a splash of Sweet's Elderberry to her clients.
In addition to helping you maintain a strong, healthy body, elderberry keeps skin healthy, clear, and radiant. Fight cold and flu season, the inflammation of seasonal allergies, skin breakouts, rashes, and the signs of aging by making Sweet's Elderberry part of the daily routine!
Find the organic Sweet's Elderberry product that's right for you:
- Sweet's Syrup - With raw, seasonally rotated honey for maximum allergy support and flavored with cinnamon, clove and ginger. 1500 mg of elderberry per serving. Not for pregnant women or babies under 12 months. Available in 8 oz and 16 oz bottles. Refrigerate at all times.
- Sweet's Elderberry Extract - unsweetened and highly concentrated, with 3000 mg of elderberry per serving. Vegan, keto/diabetic-friendly, safe for pregnancy/nursing/babies. Alcohol-free. Refrigerate after opening.
- Daily Defense Tincture - potent and travel-friendly with a dropper-top for easy customized dosing. Vegan, keto/diabetic-friendly, safe for pregnancy/nursing/babies. Alcohol-free. Never needs a fridge. 500 mg of elderberry per 1mg dropperful.
- Sweet's Elderberry Shrub - a delicious combo of elderberry, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and a smidge of raw cane sugar. Take as a daily wellness dose or use as a drink mixer. Vegan, safe for all ages. 1440 mg of elderberry per serving. Refrigerate after opening.
- DIY Kit - blend our dry syrup ingredients with the sweetener you like best to create up to 32 ounces of elderberry goodness at home. Refrigerate or freeze after preparation.
- 1-pound bags of dried elderberries - incorporate this incredible superfood into your diet through baking, jelly-making, elixirs, and more. Get creative!